Let's start with the easy:
- Non-Mandatory Conditioning Runs will continue this week, Monday through Friday at Epley Park, . Please continue to fill out the DAILY HEALTH QUESTIONNAIRE each morning prior to conditioning.
Movie Night at the Ewing's: The Ewing's had invited all cross country runners to a socially distancing movie night on August 9th. Please RSVP by August 2nd. See the attached flier for more info or link. Movie Night Info
XC Season Sign-Up: Time to register on PlanetHS for the upcoming season.
- Both Athlete and Parent must sign-in and fill out the medical history and waiver section.
- You DO NOT need a physical this season if you have one on file from last school year including middle schoolers)
- You need a physical only if you did not have one in the last year and have it on your account.
- See link or attachment for account sign-up if new to Hartland or did play a high school sport last year. PlanetHS Getting Started
- If you have any questions please let me know.
We track mileage from Sunday to Saturday each week and then enter a total for the week on Saturday. The mileage log and Totals are below and up to date.
Mileage Totals(Are updated)
- Our season officially begins on August 12 and practice is required at that point.
- We are planning on a Parent/Athlete Meeting (virtually) on The week of August 10th pm to try to answer as many questions as possible. A time and date will come later.
The More Difficult:
This week, the MHSAA announced protocols for competitions for cross country.
We were eagerly awaiting this information as it pertains to the competition phase of our season. The short of it: we can have races with 70 or less athletes at a time but we still must follow the (current) 100 person capacity guidelines set by the State of Michigan. This is going to be a MONUMENTAL TASK to pull off and the KLAA is exploring how to change our schedule to make it happen. It is entirely possible that we are running dual meets only until at least October. We are also asking for guidance from the state on what this means for spectators. The good news is that at least we know the parameters we are working with!
Due to these new restrictions, many invitationals we were planning on attending have already been canceled(AARC Early Bird, Rambling Rock Invitational, Portage Invite, and Post-A-PR) and my guess is many more are on the horizon.
This will be a MAJOR change but it is something and I am confident that KLAA Athletic Leadership will create a schedule that makes sense and follows the MHSAA guidelines. Once our schedule is more set, I'll let you know.
The Even More Difficult:
Hartland is still deciding what our return-to-school plan looks like. Right now we have in person Monday-Thursday or virtual options. There is another school board meeting tomorrow morning at 8:00am to possibly finalize the plan, but until that happens it is difficult to plan too much.
The difficulty for us as this relates to Cross Country is that we don't know yet what a "normal" day will look like this fall so I can't tell you what practice is going to look like yet either. As soon as I have more information I will share a finalized daily schedule with you. Below is what my rough plan is. I will also be sending out details for next week by Wednesday of this week.
Current daily schedule through September 13(Subject to Change frequently)
Wow, that was a whole lot of information. I hope it was helpful (and not overwhelming) and that you made it to the end.
I will continue to communicate any upcoming changes to you as I know about them. As always, please let me know if you have any questions!
Hartland Boys and Girls Cross Country
HARTLAND XC SEASON SCHEDULE